Supporting individuals, communities, and organizations since 1976.
Healthy food, healthy children, healthy animals, healthy earth.
Food and Nutrition Resources Foundation, Inc. (FNR) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation created in 1976 for the purpose of informing and educating the public about nutrition and health. For 40 years, FNR maintained an accessible nutrition resource library and provided nutrition-related information to those in need. This included printed materials, referrals, counseling, internships, lectures and workshops.
Currently, FNR focuses on the active support of individuals, communities, and organizations doing work in the following areas:
- organic, regenerative food production
- healthy food availability to schoolchildren and the underserved
- resources for the hungry
- food sustainability and agroecology including food workers' rights
- agricultural sustainability (including vegetarianism, veganism, and animal rights)
- education on healthy eating for a healthy planet
FNR serves as a fiscal supporter of researchers, innovators, and grassroots movements working to expand regenerative and sustainable agriculture, organic food availability, nutrition education which is not sponsored by the processed food industry, and access to healthy food for those in need. View our most recent annual reports here and here and here.
All material copyright © 2016, Food and Nutrition Resources Foundation, Inc.